Tuesday 11 December 2012

Element Rips off Art?

Artist says, Element Copied my Work! 


RDC: We are looking into claims by artist Stephan Doitschinoff that the mega skate company Element has ripped off his designs along with an artist named Danzig Baldaev. T-shirts have been printed and are for sale on Elements website and in shops without the knowledge or compensation for the work of these artists.

This is what Stephan has to say:
I received these photos of a shirt that the ELEMENT brand made ​​by copying my work. My two drawings are mixed and even a piece of a drawing of Danzig Baldaev. Two rip-offs together.

I have been searching on their site and found the statement of the brand - I copied the first paragraph here:
"ELEMENT BRAND: OUR GOAL WAS SIMPLE, TO BE THE BEST WE COULD BE IN THE MOST HONEST AND POSSIBLE WAY Ethical. WE JOINED TOGETHER TO ELEVATE WHAT WE ALL TRULY BELIEVE IN".
Take a look at Stephan D's work and claims... HERE
Example of the T on Elements site below and... HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment